Family lawyer and Houston divorce attorney Sherri Evans is a 1992 graduate of Tulane Law School in New Orleans. Sherri Evans is uniquely qualified to analyze and litigate complex property cases in a divorce.
She has acquired a reputation as a dynamic litigator. Sherri holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Texas in Austin and worked as a financial analyst prior to entering law school.
She is also Administrative Chair and faculty member of the Family Law Trial Institute, an intensive 8-day litigation seminar focused on advanced family law issues such as business valuation.
A native of Kingwood, Texas, Sherri is board certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specializationand is licensed to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and the Supreme Court of Texas.
Houston divorce attorney Sherri Evans is a leader among Houston family lawyers as well as Texas family lawyers. She is the Chair of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas with a membership of over 6,000 family lawyers.
As a member of the Family Law Council, she has worked tirelessly on pro bono initiatives to promote legal services for the poor in Texas. Besides being a top Houston divorce attorney, she has worked closely with the Texas legislature and the Texas Family Law Foundation to draft and monitor legislation that significantly impacts divorce laws in Texas. She is a fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and former President of the Board for Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists.
She is also a member of the Texas Bar Foundation, the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, the College of the State Bar, the Houston Bar Association, and the Tarrant County Bar Association.
Sherri Evans has taught on a wide array of subjects including taxation, complex property, marital fraud, electronic evidence, stock options, business entities, tracing separate property and business valuation issues. She has also served as Course Director for the State Bar of Texas’ Advanced Family Law Seminar and Family Law Technology Seminar as well as the University of Texas Law School’s Family Law on the Front Lines.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA, J.D. (1992)
- University of Texas, Austin, TX, B.B.A. (Finance) (1987)
- Kingwood High School (1983)
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1998)
- Licensed by Supreme Court of the State of Texas (1993)
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern District of Texas
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- ABA Family Law Trial Institute (Faculty, 2004-2007)
- Houston Family Law Trial Institute (Faculty, 2009-2012)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Council (Chair)
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Council (Pro Bono Committee; Legislative Committee)
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists (Board Member)
- Texas Family Law Foundation, Fellow
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section
Rate : $$$$