Sherril M. Colombo draws on her extensive experience to provide effective advocacy for her clients in employment, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and healthcare claims. Board certified as a specialist in Labor and Employment Law, she provides skilled, responsive representation to employers of all sizes across a range of industries.
Sherril dedicates approximately half of her caseload to labor and employment matters arising under both federal and state laws. In that regard, Sherril regularly represents employers in claims of : Wrongful discharge, Discrimination, Harassment.
Sherril is committed to resolving litigation for her clients in a manner that advances their business objectives. She has demonstrated a similar dedication in her work for the legal community, active in a number of bar and other legal organizations.
She is a past chair of the Executive Council for the Labor & Employment Law Section of the Florida Bar and past president of the Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Sherril is an avid speaker in the field of ERISA disability and employer-related topics. During law school, Sherril was the executive editor for the Nova Law Review.
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 1992
- B.A., University of Washington, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Federal Practice Committee, Florida Bar Association, 2013-present
- Chair, Executive Council – Labor and Employment Law Section, Florida Bar Association
- Past President, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter, 2013-2014
- Current Chair-Elect, TIPs Health and Disability Law Committee, American Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Rate : $$$