Sherry Culves practices in the areas of education law, employment law, and general litigation. Ms. Culves has represented numerous school districts throughout Georgia, ranging from several large urban systems to mid-size and small, rural school districts. She also represents charter schools, higher education, and educational-related vendors.
She speaks in a variety of venues in the area of education and employment law and regularly presents to groups supporting public school systems and education on both a state and national level.
- Mercer University School of Law, JD, cum laude (1999)
- University of Florida, BS, Public Relations (1996)
Admissions : Georgia
- Has advised numerous school districts, charter, and private educational entities in the all areas of education law, including personnel investigations, discipline and discharge, and compliance with the Fair Dismissal Act, student discipline, special education, religion in the schools, charter schools, first amendment issues, Title IX, Section 1983, the IDEA, Section 504, policy development and compliance with the Open Meetings and Open Records Acts
- Has negotiated and advised re executive compensation contracts for senior education officials
- Has litigated in the Office of State Administrative Hearings, State, Superior, and Federal Courts as well as appellate courts and has handled multiple IDEA, § 504, ADA, Title VII, Title IX, FLSA, and § 1983 cases on behalf of employers and educational organizations
- Has handled numerous manifestation determinations, IEP meetings, special education mediations, and IDEA and § 504 claims
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
Rate : $$$$