Sherry L. Travers has extensive experience litigating and consulting on behalf of management regarding a variety of labor and employment topics. Appearing in state and federal courts in Texas and before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor and the Texas Workforce Commission, she has represented and counseled employers regarding numerous labor and employment issues.
She also routinely handles matters involving: Whistleblowing and retaliation, Employment screening, Compensation, Discrimination and harassment.
Sherry represents employers in many industries, including healthcare, construction, energy, food service, hospitality, property management, contingent staffing, financial services, engineering, transportation, technology, retail and automotive employers. Sherry has also represented several public educational institutions throughout Texas in a variety of employment and civil rights disputes.
Sherry regularly advises and consults with clients about human resource policies and procedures. She conducts sensitive, internal investigations regarding discrimination, harassment, whistleblower and retaliation complaints and provides management training on various employment-related topics.
Sherry is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She serves as the firm’s liaison to the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, she is the business development team leader and liaison to the firm’s Women’s Leadership Initiative for the Dallas office.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
- B.A., Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member and Former Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Director, Board of Directors, Leadership Dallas Alumni Association, Dallas Regional Chamber
- Director, Board of Directors, American Red Cross
Rate : $$$$