Sirui Sherry Xia is an associate in Akerman’s Consumer Financial Services Practice Group. Sherry represents a wide array of financial services companies in state and federal litigation, class actions, and investigations conducted by regulatory agencies and state attorneys general.
She regularly defends financial services providers against individual and class claims brought pursuant to RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, and TCPA.
Additionally, Sherry defends mortgage lenders, servicers, and other financial services providers against borrower complaints alleging violations of state statutes, wrongful foreclosures, and debt collection statutes.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2012, magna cum laude
- B.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Economics, 2007
Bar Admissions : New York; Connecticut
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
Rate : $$$