Shima Roy is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office. She represents clients in both commercial and intellectual property disputes in federal and state courts, arbitration, the International Trade Commission and TTAB. Ms.Roy’s clients include high-tech manufacturers, hedge funds, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and commodity exchanges.
Ms. Roy’s principal areas of practice are intellectual property and complex business disputes. Ms. Roy has extensive experience developing strategies for clients involved in disputes in several international jurisdictions.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D.) (1998)
- Bryn Mawr College (A.B. cum laude) (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2002)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin~United States (2002)
- Illinois~United States (1999)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Northwestern University Law School – Adjunct Professor, Trial Advocacy (2009 – present)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a manufacturer Complainant in an ITC action to enforce its trade secrets and design patents against Chinese entities formerly involved in the manufacturing of products on behalf of the Complainant.
- Represented a semi-conductor chip manufacturer and gaming company in a trial for patent infringement involving semiconductor chips in the Central District of California.
- Obtained anti suit injunction on behalf of a US company against a Chinese joint venture on sales dispute in the Northern District of Illinois.
- Successfully defended a European master distributor of surgical products against over USD5 million in claims for breach of contract, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty brought by manufacturer in ICDR arbitration.
Rate : $$$