Shintaro Araki manages the Japanese Business Group in the Firm’s New York office and practices exclusively in the field of business immigration law.
As one of a few Japanese attorneys in the country specialized in the business immigration, he provides Japanese corporations in the United States and Japan with strategic consultation and guidance on all matters of U.S. immigration and nationality law, regulation, policy and compliance.
In particular, he has advised many multinational corporations on the immigration-related consequences of corporate mergers and acquisitions and corporate start-ups, as well as current practices at the U.S. consular posts in Japan.
Shintaro authored numerous articles on U.S. work visas and visa application procedures at the Embassy of the United States in Tokyo and the Consulate General of the U.S. in Osaka, Japan.
He is a frequent speaker on current business immigration issues in a business seminar at a local Japanese business association in major cities across the US and Japan.
Shintaro speaks English and Japanese.
- Advised the framework of visa program for a joint venture by leading Japanese electronics and US technology companies and successfully represented one of the joint venture partners for its negotiation with the US Embassy in Japan for work visa procurement
- Advised visa strategies for Japanese Tier-1 automotive parts companies for the establishment of their US manufacturing plants and successfully represented them for the procurement of work visas of their professional and management personnel
- Provided strategic advice to Japanese and US corporations on immigration consequences of merger and acquisition transactions on their employees and successfully represented these companies for work visa procurement and compliance matters at the US Citizenship and Immigration Service and the US consulates abroad
- University of Wisconsin Law School | Master of Law, 1995
- Meiji University Law School, Tokyo, Japan, 1992
Bar Admissions: New York
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Rate : $$$$