Sidney C. Calloway, Esquire is a partner at Shutts & Bowen LLP and Co-Chair of the Government Law Practice Group. His practice includes complex, high-exposure litigation, with expertise in eminent domain and land use and zoning matters. Sidney is a former Vice-Chair of the Florida Transportation Commission and currently serves as the Chair-Elect of the Urban League of Broward County, the Judicial Nominating Commission for the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, the Port Everglades Association and the BB&T Advisory Board, Fort Lauderdale.
He represents private sector clients and public agencies and has served as lead counsel in complex jury trials involving real estate, land use and zoning, eminent domain, CERCLA, and telecommunications and construction defects. Mr. Calloway also provides legal counsel to counsels corporate and other commercial clients on a host of governance matters, risk management, compliance and governmental affairs matters with state, regional and local government agencies.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- National Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Chair, Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure, Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Early Leaning Coalition of Broward County
- Regional Business Alliance
- American Association for Justice
- Washington University/St. Louis, J.D., 1988
- Florida State University, B.A., 1985
Rate : $$$