Silvia N. Ostrower’s practice focuses on complex business litigation. Silvia has represented institutional investors in structured finance litigation, sovereigns in international arbitration, and Fortune 500 companies in antitrust, breach of contract, tort, and RICO actions.
She has also represented companies in antitrust pre-merger filings before the FTC and DOJ.
Silvia is admitted to practice in the Southern District of New York , the Eastern District of New York, and the District of Colorado.
- Represented federal home loan banks and other investors in RMBS actions.
- Represented grantee of concession in a Latin American jurisdiction in action filed in a US federal court, involving claims of succession, breach of loan agreements, and fraud.
- Represented corporate clients in the health care industry in antitrust actions involving conspiracy, price fixing and refusal to deal allegations.
- Represented putative class of consumers in antitrust action against a leading diganostic laboratory.
- Represented foreign government in international commercial arbitration and international arbitration under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies before antitrust authorities to obtain approval of mergers.
- Assisted in the preparation and coordination of multi-jurisdictional filings seeking the approval of cross-border mergers.
- Acted as critical liaison with foreign clients, government officials, local counsel, experts, and senior corporate executives in international litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- Regularly advised foreign senior executives and in-house lawyers on US substantive and procedural law.
- LLM, New York University, 2003
- JD, University of Buenos Aires School of Law, 1998
- New York
- Buenos Aires
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, District of Colorado
Rate : $$$$