Simon D. Cices focuses his practice on representing banks, investment banks and other lenders in the real estate finance area. He has represented permanent construction and interim lenders in commercial mortgage loans, securitized mortgage loans and mezzanine loans where the collateral has consisted of office, hotel, retail, multi-family, healthcare and mixed use properties, and membership interests, partnership interests and notes and mortgages.
Simon has also represented various borrowers in mortgage and mezzanine loan financings. The representation of borrowers has given Simon valuable and constructive insights in better representing lenders in financing transactions. In addition, Simon has represented mortgage and mezzanine lenders in workouts and foreclosures.
His practice also encompasses commercial real estate transactions including acquisition and sale of commercial properties, representation of landlords and tenants in office, retail and other commercial leases, representation of preferred equity investors, joint ventures and development and construction agreements.
Representative Matters :
- $55 million mortgage loan of 10 multi-family properties in Washington Heights, New York.
- $600 million loan secured by a pledge of a note and mortgage encumbering office buildings in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Sale of Chicago mixed use hotel and retail project.
- Foreclosure of three assisted living facilities in New York State.
- Representation of borrower in $175 million securitized construction mortgage and mezzanine loan financing of Brooklyn condominium project.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Columbia University, B.A., cum laude, 1976
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$