Simon E. Fraser has extensive experience in matters involving bankruptcy law, creditors’ rights, corporate reorganization, and commercial litigation. He has represented a variety of stakeholders, including secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, debtors, committees, equity holders, and asset purchasers in various aspects of bankruptcy cases and commercial disputes.
Simon earned his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University and his law degree, magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law, where he a member of the Order of the Coif and Associate Editor of the Villanova Law Review.
- Represented one of the largest shipping companies in the world in connection with bankruptcy cases, including Abitbibowater and Eastman Kodak. Defended multimillion dollar preference avoidance action; provided counseling on topics including preventative measures to reduce potential preference liability, negotiating “critical vendor” agreements, and shipper’s rights in connection with customers’ bankruptcies.
- Represented Chapter 7 trustee as special counsel to develop and implement auction process to sell substantially all of the assets of the estates under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code in the following cases: Advanced Interactive System, Synova Healthcare, Peregrine I, Pixel Optics, Polymedix, Pursuit Capital, Impact Services, A Voce, Lyton Partnership, and Thompson River Power.
- Represented a large commercial landlord in large bankruptcy cases including Borders, Claim Jumper Restaurants, Real Mex Restaurants, and Gottschalks. Litigated and resolved issues concerning administrative claims, rejection damages, and general unsecured claims. Providing counseling regarding commercial landlord’s rights in tenants’ bankruptcy cases.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1999
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1995
BAR ADMISSIONS : Delaware; New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Delaware
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
Rate : $$$$