Simon P. Hansen focuses his practice on commercial litigation and product liability defense in state and federal courts. He is experienced in many aspects of civil litigation, including cross-examining fact witnesses at trial, drafting and arguing motions, taking depositions, and preparing expert witnesses.
Simon currently assists with Jones Day’s defense of smoking and health lawsuits brought against R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. He has been a member of trial teams in more than a dozen cases tried to verdict, including multiple trials that resulted in complete defense verdicts.
Simon has also assisted in a variety of environmental matters. He has helped advise clients on complex environmental compliance issues and prepare comments on EPA rulemakings and other state and federal regulatory developments.
- Emory University (J.D. with honors 2013; Executive Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal); St. John’s University, Minnesota (B.A. in History magna cum laude 2008)
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- Florida, and
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- R.J. Reynolds wins jury verdict in Gordon ”Engle progeny” trial
- OG&E wins motion to dismiss in suit regarding alleged violations of Clean Air Act
- R.J. Reynolds wins jury verdict in Starbuck ”Engle progeny” lawsuit
- R.J. Reynolds wins jury verdict in Lennox “Engle progeny” trial.
Rate : $$$$