Mr. Simon L. Yang is a senior associate in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A member of the Labor & Employment department, he represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, wage and hour, business torts, and class action matters.
Focusing on class, collective-action, and representative wage and hour litigation, Mr. Yang has successfully defeated class and collective-action certification in numerous cases. He also has secured the voluntary dismissal of representative claims early in litigation prior to extensive discovery, obtained orders granting motions to deny class certification, and achieved a collective-action trial judgment in favor of the defendant—and affirmed the judgment on appeal. Mr. Yang has additional trial and appellate experience.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Yang developed a well-balanced perspective to labor and employment issues. In addition to postgraduate study in labor and industrial relations, Mr. Yang has prior work experience in human resources and for the National Labor Relations Board.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (2008)
- UCLA Journal of International Law and Foreign AffairsCo-Chief Articles Editor (2007-2008); Managing Editor (2006-2007)
- B.S., University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School (2004)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
Rate : $$$