Simona G. Strauss is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department. Her areas of concentration are securities litigation, M&A litigation, government and internal investigations and complex commercial disputes. In addition to defending companies and individuals in direct and derivative shareholder litigation, she regularly represents clients (both domestic and foreign) involved in investigations conducted by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
Simona represents clients in litigation and in arbitration, at the trial court level and on appeal. Current and/or recent clients include Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Focus Media, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan, KKR and Silver Lake Partners. She also represents clients on a pro bono basis in mass impact cases in connection with reproductive rights and education.
Simona began practicing law in Simpson Thacher’s New York office in 1996. She is a member of the American Bar, New York State and California Bar Associations. She is admitted to practice in the state and federal district courts of California and New York, as well as a number of federal Circuit Courts and the United States Supreme Court.
Simona received her J.D. with high honors from Duke University School of Law in 1996 and her B.A. with distinction in Political Science from Stanford University in 1993.
- Duke University School of Law, 1996 J.D.
- magna cum laude; Duke Law Journal
- Stanford University, 1993 B.A.
- With Distinction
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California 2000
- U.S. District Court Central District of California 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit 2011
Rate : $$$$