Associate Simone H. Yoder’s practice focuses on the defense of employers and national insurance carriers for claims arising under Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act and Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act.
As supported by the peer recognition she has received, including Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers, Simone has developed a reputation as a skilled attorney in workers’ compensation law.
She has successfully argued motions and participated in conferences and hearings before the Department of Labor in both state and longshore matters, and also before District Court Judges throughout Louisiana.
Simone has developed a particular expertise in her practice, which has allowed her to confidently advise her clients and obtain successful resolutions for them.
“From the very beginning of my career, I have worked to defend employers and carriers in workers’ compensation matters. I am knowledgeable in this area of the law and enjoy devising a litigation strategy that affords my clients the best opportunity for a favorable outcome. I also enjoy developing relationships with my clients and working with them to achieve desired results.”
Prior to joining Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand and Brackett, Simone practiced at a private defense law firm for more than five years. She is admitted to practice in all Louisiana State District Courts, Courts of Appeal and the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, Student Bar Association Class Representative (J.D., 2008)
- Rhodes College, Dean’s List (B.A., 2003)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- American Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Women’s International Shipping and Trade Association, Member
SPECIAL EXPERIENCE : Loyola University New Orleans College of Law Summer Legal Studies Program, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rate : $$$