Diligent, inquisitive, persistent — the traits frequently ascribed to Simone O. Otenaike are worthwhile for any good attorney. However, Simone’s strengths are particularly crucial to her developing healthcare practice.
A technology enthusiast with a background in cognitive science, clients rely on Simone’s experience with regulatory and transactional matters, primarily in the healthcare and life sciences industries, to navigate the maze of healthcare laws and general operational concerns.
Simone has experience assisting pharmacy, wholesaler and third-party logistics provider clients with navigating state licensing and pharmacy practice act issues. Her background also includes counseling clients on data privacy and security, as well as fraud and abuse matters.
- Advises pharmacy, wholesaler and third-party logistics provider clients on state licensing issues and compliance with state pharmacy practice laws.
- Counsels human and veterinary pharmaceutical, medical device and food manufacturers on issues related to registration, compliance and import/export customs issues.
- Advises food and dietary supplement manufacturers on transactional and compliance matters, including registration, labeling, advertising, inspections and recalls.
- Advises healthcare payor and provider organizations with the investigation, response, legal obligations and risks that arise from data security incidents, including breach notification and regulatory response.
- Counsels clients on various transactional matters, including labor and employment, HIPAA, consumer data breach and privacy issues, and general operational concerns. Provides legal analysis and opinions on research.
Memberships : Houston Lawyers Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas: Volunteer (2017 to present)
- Girls Empowerment Network: Volunteer (2016 to present)
- AMP360: Volunteer (2015 to present)
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2015; Texas International Law Journal: Staff, Development Committee; National Black Law Students Association, National Convention Coordinator; Pro Bono Scholars Program; National Association of Women Judges Access to Justice Scholarship
- B.A., Cognitive Science, Rice University, 2008
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$$