Siobhán Murphy is a partner in the Chicago and Indianapolis offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Law and Long-Term Care & Elder Law Practices. Ms. Murphy has a diverse background representing individuals and corporations in complex and general civil litigation, including appeals.
She has handled matters involving many issues, including :
- Medical and nurse malpractice
- In-home healthcare and elder abuse
- Wrongful death and serious personal injury
- Product liability and premises liability
- Business disputes and commercial law
Ms. Murphy has been outside trial counsel and outside general counsel to a national family of companies in the in-home elder care market for over a decade. She has successfully represented nursing homes, ambulance companies, and other companies in the allied health care fields, both directly and as counsel selected by insurance companies.
She has handled cases alleging wrongful death and serious personal injury, medical and nurse malpractice, elder neglect and abuse, and negligent hiring and supervision of health care workers. She has also successfully handled administrative contract actions relating to elder care and review of contract actions in the court system.
- University of Cambridge, England, Master of Laws, with high honors, 1992
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor, with high honors, 1991
- Trial Academy of the International Association of Defense Counsel, Graduate
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois, Indiana
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$