Sofia Duclaud Llantada is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Mexico City office and concentrates her practice in M&A, banking and finance. Her experience includes complex secured and unsecured syndicated credit facilities and leveraged acquisition financings as well as M&A deals involving both national and international clients.
Sofia has actively represented various foreign companies and investors in the sale or acquisition of their interests and business assets in Mexico, and she also regularly handles corporate governance, financings and other related work.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Sofia worked for 5 years at a prominent international law firm. She graduated with honors from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and is a licensed lawyer in Mexico.
Admissions : Mexico
- Scotiabank – Interceramic Refinancing, 2018: Leading associate in the representation of The Bank of Nova Scotia, as lender, and lead arranger, in a USD$30 million loan facility granted to Internacional de Cerámica, S.A.B. de C.V. The proceeds of the loan were used for the refinancing of existing indebtedness and for general corporate purposes.
- Represented Altán Redes, in negotiating each of the master tower lease agreements entered into by Altán, as lessee, and several Mexican tower companies (including American Towers, MTP, Centennial, and Uniti Towers) as lessors, pursuant to which Altán shall install telecommunications equipment in each tower.
- Represented the Altán Consortium, a 10-company consortium led by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure, the International Finance Corporation and Grupo Multitel, (a Madrid based telecommunications firm) in connection with its bid in Mexico’s historic international public tender process for the development and deployment of a shared wholesale telecommunications’ services network (Red Compartida). This project is considered to be the largest telecoms project within the Administration of President Peña Nieto and one of the largest telecom projects in the history of Mexico. This deal was selected as the Telecom Latin America Deals of the Year 2017 by IJGlobal.
- Leading associate in the representation of BBVA Bancomer, as administrative agent, lead arranger, security agent and lender and Scotiabank Inverlat, as lender and lead arranger, in an MXN$900 million (US$50 million) syndicated loan facility granted to a business trust. The proceeds of the loan were used for the refinancing of the construction of the stadium of Monterrey FC soccer club in Mexico.
- Represented Blockbuster L.L.C., a wholly-owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation, in the sale of its subsidiary, Blockbuster de México, to certain affiliates of Mexican conglomerate Grupo Salinas.
Rate : $$$