Sok Tea Jiang is a litigation associate. Her practice focuses on white collar and regulatory defense, internal investigations and complex civil litigation. Ms. Jiang first joined Debevoise in 2010. From 2015 to 2016, she clerked for the Hon. Lorna G. Schofield of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Ms. Jiang received her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law in 2010, where she was an articles editor for the California Law Review. She received her B.A. with honors from Stanford University in 2005.
From 2014 to 2017, Ms. Jiang served as Secretary for the Committee on Government Ethics and State Affairs.
- Successful representation (following recently completed trial (October/2014) in federal court in New York) of $50 million claim arising from regulatory denial of reinsurance transaction.
- A professional services firm in a review of hiring practices abroad.
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- The City of New York in a high-profile investigation of wide-ranging allegations that Mayor Bill de Blasio and his associates solicited contributions from donors seeking favors from the City. Prosecutors announced they would not bring criminal charges against de Blasio or his aides following the lengthy investigation.
- Sally Yates, the former U.S. Deputy Attorney General and Acting Attorney General, in Congressional investigations related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Kenneth D. Lewis, former CEO of Bank of America, in regulatory matters relating to the Merrill Lynch acquisition, including defense against civil claims brought by the New York Attorney General and various civil securities and derivative cases.
- Galderma S.A. in its agreement with Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. on a restructuring of North American aesthetics arrangements in connection with Valeant’s pending $2.6 billion acquisition of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation.
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 2010, J.D.
- Stanford University, 2005, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$