Sondra S. Sylva advises clients in matters involving casualty coverage, extracontractual /commercial insurance litigation, bad faith, property coverage, environmental coverage, marine coverage, and reinsurance.
She has litigated commercial insurance and extracontractual claims for clients including self-insureds, commercial insureds, and global insurers and reinsurers. She also regularly consults and counsels insurance clients in underwriting and claims handling principles and procedures.
In addition to her insurance coverage practice, Sondra routinely handles litigation cases, including product liability, construction defect, premises liability, oil and gas, and labor and employment issues. She also monitors litigation on behalf of domestic and foreign insurer clients.
- Secured arbitration award in favor of healthcare management company under Managed Care Errors and Omissions policies.
- Adjudicated the dismissal of a declaratory judgment action seeking patent infringement coverage under a liability policy, bringing allegations of breach of contract, breach of the duty of good faith, and fair dealing.
- Adjudicated the dismissal of a breach of contract, declaratory judgment and extracontractual liability claim against excess liability policies on forum non conveniens.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2001, Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor
- University of Texas – San Antonio, B.A., 1998
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Bar Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$$