Sonia Nijjar represents clients in a wide range of U.S. and cross-border corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, proxy contests and capital markets transactions. Ms. Nijjar also advises clients with respect to corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Her transactions include the representation of:
- Intel Corporation in its $15.3 billion acquisition of Mobileye, N.V., its $4.2 billion spin-off and joint venture with TPG Capital, L.P. to form the independent cybersecurity company McAfee, and the sale of its Wind River subsidiary to TPG Capital, L.P.;
- Nokia Corporation in the $7.2 billion sale of its devices and services business to Microsoft Corporation;
- SanDisk Corporation in its $19 billion acquisition by Western Digital Corporation and its $1.1 billion acquisition of Fusion-io, Inc.;
- XL Group plc in connection with the $570 million sale of XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd.’s wholly owned subsidiary XL Life Reinsurance Ltd to GreyCastle Holdings Ltd.;
- SCOR Global Life U.S. Holdings Inc., a subsidiary of SCOR SE, in its $750 million acquisition of Generali U.S. Holdings, Inc.;
- Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. in its acquisition of S.A.C. Re, Ltd. and its initial formation and capital raise;
She was a key member of the deal teams honored in connection with The Recorder’s 2016 and 2017 Corporate Department of the Year contests in which Skadden’s California corporate team took top honors in a number of categories.
In addition, the Daily Journal recognized Ms. Nijjar with two California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) awards, one for innovative work on behalf of Broadcom Corporation in its acquisition by Avago Technologies (2016) and another for her representation of Intel Corporation in its acquisition of Mobileye N.V. (2018).
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Stanford University, 2004
- New York
Rate : $$$$