Sonila Themeli represents pharmaceutical and medical device companies in product liability litigation. She divides her practice among general litigation matters, including drafting pleadings and motions, conducting written discovery and taking depositions.
Sonila’s clients include Fortune 500 companies and global manufacturers of pharmaceutical and consumer products.
Sonila’s trial and courtroom work includes representing a client pro bono in family court through Houston Volunteer Lawyers. After the first day of trial in a marriage annulment case, she and her team obtained a favorable settlement for their client.
Her work included deposing the defendant, preparing written discovery, participating in mediation, arguing jury instructions and assisting in jury selection and trial.
Prior to joining Shook, Sonila worked as a professor of English Rhetoric and Composition at Houston Community College and Lone Star College, where she also taught World Literature. Fluent in Albanian and Italian, she has worked as a translator and interpreter.
- J.D., summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2014
- Phi Delta Phi
- Order of the Lytae
- Intern to The Hon. David Hittner, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- South Texas Law Review, Staff Member
- Dean’s Scholar
- Dean’s List
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards
- M.A., University of Houston (English)
- M.A., University of Rome “La Sapienza” (Foreign Languages and Linguistics)
- B.S., University of Tirana (Foreign Languages Education)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Texas Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Arbëria, Albanian-American Association of Greater Houston, Board of Directors
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Mentor
Rate : $$$