Sophie Rouach is a member of the BakerHostetler team serving as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC (BLMIS), an unprecedented recovery effort involving hundreds of actions.
She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, drawing on her fluency in French to participate in international aspects of these cases. Sophie had the opportunity to work in several international business law firms in Paris and worked with an immigration law firm in New York.
- Works on a variety of discovery matters related to the firm’s role as court-appointed counsel to the SIPA Trustee in the liquidation of BLMIS.
- Performed investigatory and discovery work for the team that represents a former London-based JPMorgan Chase executive under investigation related to a multibillion-dollar trading loss for the bank.
- LL.M., Banking Corporate Finance, Fordham University School of Law, 2009
- Master in International Business Law, Université Rene Descartes (Paris, France), 2005
- Maitrise in Business Law (4th year degree), Université Paris-Sorbonne (Paris, France), 2004
Admissions : New York, 2010
Rate : $$$$