Sophy Manes focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation, particularly disputes involving trademark, copyright, cybersquatting, and false-advertising issues. Ms. Manes has particular experience obtaining injunctions against infringers. In addition to litigating cases in federal and state courts, Ms. Manes has represented clients in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Manes worked as a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of a West Coast-based law firm where she represented clients in intellectual property and unfair competition disputes in federal courts across the country.
While attending law school, Ms. Manes twice served as a judicial extern—including to the Honorable John Noonan for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Ms. Manes was also the Senior Article Editor of the Hastings Business Law Journal and a recipient of the Best Brief Award and Best Oral Argument Honorable Mention in the Moot Court Competition.
Before attending law school, Ms. Manes interned as an investment-banking analyst in London, England.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. (2012) cum laude
- University of Southern California, B.S., Business Administration, Concentration in Finance (2009)magna cum laude
- California (2012)
- District of Columbia (2013)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
Rate : $$$