Spencer A. Anderson is an associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he is a member of the fund services/regulatory practice. Spencer’s practice includes private fund formation, fund management matters, and related securities regulation, with a focus on advising sponsors of venture capital funds with respect to the foregoing.
Private Investment Funds:
- Spencer advises fund sponsors on the organization, structuring, and operation of private equity funds, social impact investing funds, venture capital funds, and other pooled investment vehicles. He advises fund sponsors on initial formation stages, including fund structuring and management, preparation of offering documents, fundraising, initial closing, and post-closing regulatory filings, as well as regulatory matters in respect of the Securities Act of 1933, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
Prior to joining the firm, Spencer practiced for three years as an associate at Reed Smith LLP in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he gained a strong cross-section of fund formation, private equity, and transactional experience, advising sponsors of private equity and venture capital funds on fund formation, management, and operational matters, as well as corporate clients on private offerings, M&A, restructuring, and other corporate governance matters.
He has advised fund sponsors and corporate clients across a broad range of industries, including the fintech (including cryptocurrency), finance and banking, energy, food, government, healthcare, and medical cannabis sectors. While attending law school Spencer worked as a high-ranking engineer in the field technology group of FedEx Ground, where his job duties included working closely with the legal department on risk mitigation and intellectual property projects.
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Political Science, Mount Saint Mary’s University, 2003
- Admitted only in Pennsylvania
- Practice supervised by a member of the Bar of the District of Columbia
- Not admitted in the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$