Spencer G. Feldman is a corporate and securities lawyer widely known for his experience in public securities offerings and media and technology transactions. Spencer has more than 30 years of experience practicing corporate and securities law and concentrates his practice in the areas of initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, shelf takedowns, confidentially marketed offerings, registered directs, PIPEs and other private financings, rights offerings, reverse public offerings, and mergers & acquisitions with public companies, with an emphasis on representing computer, Internet, media, life sciences and other technology-driven companies, and the banks, financial institutions and other institutional investors that provide capital to these companies.
More recently, he has been involved in several Regulation A+ public offerings, Rule 506(c) publicly-solicited placements and Section 4(a)(6) crowdfunding transactions. Spencer serves as counsel to a number of emerging technology business ventures, including companies involved in digital advertising, social media sponsorships, online video distribution, cloud computing, Internet-based delinquent bank debt resolution, point-of-sale computer manufacturing, facial animation software, and biopharmaceutical vaccines and diagnostics.
Spencer was a member of the 2017 Capital Markets Law360 editorial advisory board, and was also a 2016 member. He is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, a leading international publication for bioscience business professionals.
He participated as a panelist discussing “Registered Offerings – Post JOBS Act Implementation” and served as the moderator of the Smaller Reporting Companies Breakout Group at the 2015 SEC Government – Business Forum on Small Business Capital Formation, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C., November 19, 2015.
He also participated on the panel, “Uplisting to an Exchange: Criteria and Strategies for Emerging Growth Companies,” at The Growth Capital Summit 2015: Legal and Regulatory Update on Emerging Growth Company Finance, The National Press Club, Washington, D.C., November 18, 2015. Prior to joining Olshan, Spencer was a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig, LLP in its corporate & securities practice.
- J.D., magna cum laude, State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, 1987
- B.A., cum laude with honors, Economics, Brandeis University, 1982
Bar & Court Admissions : New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Regulation of Securities Committee
- Member, Small Business Issuers Subcommittee
- Member, Securities Regulation Subcommittee of the Middle Market and Small Business Committee
- Participant, SEC Government-Business Forum on Small Business Capital Formation
- Member, New York State Bar Association’s Business Law Section
- Member, Advisory Board, Albany Law School’s Center for Law and Innovation
- Member of Drafting Committee, Federal Regulation of Securities Committee of the ABA Business Law Section, Response to SEC’s Request for Public Comments on the Crowdfunding Securities Exemption under Exchange Act Section 12(g)(6)
Rate : $$$