Dr. Srikumaran “Sri” Melethil, Ph.D., J.D., is both a pharmaceutical scientist and a registered patent attorney. Sri’s legal practice focuses on patent prosecution and infringement analysis in the area of pharmaceutical sciences. Serving as a consultant to the pharmaceutical industry, academia, and federal agencies (FDA, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, and National Institute of Drug Abuse), Sri is also an expert witness in drug toxicity and blood alcohol cases.
He is Professor Emeritus, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine. His scientific expertise covers the areas of pharmacokinetics, drug delivery, clinical pharmacology, and drug analysis and he has published extensively in these areas.
In the legal arena, Sri has published on the regulation of dietary supplements, World Anti-Doping Agency inclusion criteria for prohibited substances, and drug patent litigation arising under the Hatch-Waxman Act. He has also offered short courses in drug and patent law to life scientists.
Sri is a Fellow of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, the premier association of his peers, and the American College of Clinical Pharmacology. He serves on the Editorial Board of Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs, and Advisory Committee of Update, published by the Food and Drug Law Institute.
Sri received his Bachelors in Pharmacy (First Class, First Rank, Gold Medalist), and Masters in Pharmacy (Manufacturing Pharmacy, First Class) from Andhra University, Waltair, India; his Ph.D. degree in pharmaceutical sciences from the Department of Pharmaceutics (now Pharmaceutical Sciences), State University of New York at Buffalo in New York; and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law.
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
- J.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- Masters, Pharmacy, Manufacturing Pharmacy, First Class, Andhra University, Waltair, India
- Bachelors, Pharmacy, Andhra University, Waltair, India, First Class, First Rank, Gold Medalist
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Missouri, 2003
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court Western District of Missouri
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs, Advisory Board Member
- Advisory Committee of Update (published by the Food and Drug Law Institute), Advisory Board Member
Rate : $$$