Stacey E. James has practiced exclusively in the field of labor and employment law, with an emphasis on advising management on : Employee discipline and termination, Employment policies and procedures, Employee benefits.
Stacey has extensive experience defending employers in class actions and related matters in state and federal court and before numerous state and federal administrative agencies. Specifically, she handles claims of : Discrimination, Harassment, Wrongful termination.
Some highlights of her experience include convincing the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California to deny class certification of a putative class action alleging wage and hour violations against a large healthcare facility, and defeating class certification in state court and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California for that same entity.
Additionally, Stacey sits on Littler’s Board of Directors and she is a published author and frequent lecturer for universities and employer organizations. Prior to attending law school, she worked in human resources and payroll. She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1996
- B.S., San Diego State University, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Mama’s Kitchen
- Former President, Mama’s Kitchen
Rate : $$$$