Stacey Slaughter is a partner at Robins Kaplan LLP with nearly 20 years of experience, Stacey Slaughter represents individuals, institutional investors, and businesses that face significant commercial disputes, complex business problems, and novel legal issues.
In an area where money, business, and law meet, Ms. Slaughter brings exceptional financial markets knowledge and legal experience to a practice that focuses on complex commercial and consumer litigation, antitrust and trade regulation, and securities and financial litigation.
Ms. Slaughter has been involved in several high-profile financial litigation cases. She represented investors in a class action suit against private equity firms over an alleged conspiracy to suppress prices in large, leverage buyouts. Defendants Goldman Sachs, Bain Capital, KKR, Blackstone, Silver Lake, Carlyle, and TPG have agreed to settle the claims for nearly $600 million.
Ms. Slaughter also represented the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh in a suit against J.P. Morgan, Countrywide, Moody’s, Fitch, and S&P over mortgage-backed securities investments.
Recently, she was appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee of the Fiat Chrysler Ecodiesel Emissions litigation. She also has experience in commercial breach of contract, employment matters, estate and trust litigation, FINRA, franchise disputes, insurance, intellectual property and trade secret concerns.
She has represented clients in a variety of legal disputes that span many industries, including banking, commodities, consumer goods and products, financial, food, insurance, logistics, securities, technology, and travel in a variety of legal matters.
Ms. Slaughter is most at home in the courtroom. She has tried cases in court and arbitration forums and argued numerous motions in state and federal court. While Ms. Slaughter frequently finds herself in the courtroom, she is equally adept at positioning her clients’ cases for settlement. Ms. Slaughter is passionate about each client’s cause. Above all, Ms. Slaughter knows that any legal strategy must serve the client’s ultimate goal.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., (1999)
- University of Minnesota, Master’s Degree (1996)
- Florida State University, B.A., (1994)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Montana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- International Financial Litigation Network, Executive Director
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$