Stacey L. Smiricky is a dedicated employment litigator and counselor who puts clients above everything else. She represents businesses in workplace and commercial disputes and counsels on proper employment practices and risk management.
To manage their litigation risk and help them operate smoothly, Stacey advises employers on best practices and policies and trains and counsels management and HR professionals. She assists with:
- Hiring, discipline and termination procedures
- Preparation of employment documents, including policies and procedures, handbooks, contracts, non-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Investigations on employee dishonesty, harassment, discrimination, improper use of company property and misappropriation of confidential information
Stacey also handles general litigation matters concerning breaches of contract or fiduciary duty, tortious interference, the Uniform Commercial Code, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, insurance recovery and contract disputes.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Stacey was a partner in the employment and labor group of Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon.
- Northern Illinois University School of Law, J.D. cum laude (2002)
- University of Iowa, B.A. (1999)
Bar Admissions : Illinois, Tennessee
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
Professional Associations :
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce — Employment Law Council; Business Advisory Board
Civic Activities :
- Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS) — Vice President, 2014-16, and Treasurer, 2012-14
- Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under the Law — Volunteer
Rate : $$$