Stacie E. Tobin is a litigator who focuses on commercial and product liability matters. Stacie brings extensive litigation experience spanning a diverse range of matters, and has tried dozens of cases to verdict while serving as first-chair counsel or co-counsel before federal and state courts across the United States.
She represents companies, manufacturers, and financial services clients as part of her commercial litigation practice. She has also counseled heavy equipment manufacturers, automobile and watercraft manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and tobacco companies in product liability disputes.
Stacie has wide-ranging experience handling breach of contract claims, particularly those impacting commercial real estate developments and tenancies, consumer credit services, hotel companies, law firm partnerships, and retailer contracts.
She litigates securities enforcement and shareholder actions, responds to books and records inspection requests, and provides counsel on enforcement of trademarks and other intellectual property assets.
Stacie’s product liability experience encompasses design and manufacturing defects, breach of warranty, and fraud and consumer protection claims. She also manages controversies involving trade secret restrictions, employee restrictive covenants, and limited liability company agreements.
Stacie leads Venable’s Electronic Discovery Task Force and the women’s affinity group for the Maryland offices; she also serves on several Venable committees related to attorney recruitment, promotion, and compensation.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction for plaintiff in federal housing discrimination case
- Obtained an arbitration award in favor of a major hotel company in a breach of contract and fraud action
- Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctions to protect a client’s trademarks against infringement in Maryland
- Defended developers and employers against claims for brokerage commissions by realtors in Maryland, North Carolina, and Delaware courts
- Obtained an order of dismissal in favor of a developer who was sued in New York state court for aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty
- Obtained dismissal for a biosimilar manufacturer in a California trade secrets action
- Represented a pharmaceutical manufacturer in large-scale, nationwide mediations related to the use of diet drugs
- Played a significant leadership role in one manufacturer’s effort to assess long-term, future litigation risks associated with its products and environmental concerns
- J.D. with honors University of Maryland School of Law 1992
- B.A. Mount Holyoke College 1989
Bar Admissions : Maryland, Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
Clerk Experience :
- Honorable John F. McAuliffe Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- Graduated from the Greater Baltimore Committee (GBC) LEADERship Program, 2016
- Executive committee member, Executive Alliance
- Representation of refugee seeking political asylum
- Past successful representation of Virginia death row inmate
- Past president, board of directors, Special Olympics Maryland, Inc.; founder and co-chair, Board Advisory Council
- Past president and current member, board of directors, Live Baltimore.
Rate : $$$