Stacy L. Brainin has extensive experience in white collar criminal defense and government investigations, including representation of companies and individuals in both criminal and civil matters. Her practice also includes complex business litigation with an emphasis in healthcare and professional liability matters. She has defended cases alleging civil and criminal business fraud in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Stacy represents and advises healthcare providers in civil and criminal disputes with state and federal government agencies. She is experienced in handling internal investigations and routinely advises clients regarding difficult compliance and disclosure issues.
Stacy has served as adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law from 2009 to present.
Professional and Community Activities:
- American Bar Association, Litigation, Criminal Justice and Health Law Sections
- Dallas Bar Association Antitrust & Trade Regulation Section
- W.M. “Mac” Taylor, Jr. American Inn of Court
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1984, high honors; Order of the Coif; Associate Editor of Texas Law Review
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1981, high honors; Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$