Stacy A. Dasaro focuses her practice in the areas of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. She has significant experience in fraudulent conveyance litigation, in addition to having represented debtors, creditors and other interested parties in large Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Stacy has extensive knowledge of bankruptcy law and procedure, drawn from her work on discovery, trials and appeals in bankruptcy matters, as well as her experience clerking in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
In November 2017, she was a panelist at the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Winter Leadership Conference, and discussed the extraterritorial reach of fraudulent conveyance actions. Stacy is also deeply committed to pro bono work. She has represented clients in immigration court, and also represented the City of New York in various litigations.
She is currently focused on providing legal services to a New York City-based non-profit that provides housing and social services to underprivileged women.
- Represents Trustee Irving H. Picard for the Securities Investor Protection Act liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, in the litigation of fraudulent conveyances.
- Represented debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of media company, and navigated the sale of its assets under § 363 of the bankruptcy code.
- Experience with cross-border insolvency matters, including cases under Chapter 15 of the bankruptcy code.
- Advised client with respect to extinguishment of claims pursuant to a plan of reorganization under Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy code.
- New York City Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- American Institute of Restructuring Advisors
- J.D., New York Law School, 2013, cum laude, Government Fellowship Award, Teaching Fellow
- B.S., Policy Analysis and Management , Cornell University, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Rate : $$$