Stacy R. Kobrick advises clients in HSR premerger notification filings before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice. She represents companies in government antitrust investigations and private antitrust litigation.Stacy has also represented clients in white collar criminal investigations and general civil litigation.
- HSR counseling and notifications
- Premerger integration counseling
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Stacy served as legislative counsel to Congressman Jack Quinn.
- Represents clients in a variety of industries, including private equity, energy, and pharmaceuticals.
- Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) premerger notification counseling.
- Advised petroleum refiners in FTC investigations of alleged price manipulation.
- Acted on behalf of a book publisher in the ongoing government and private antitrust litigation in the Southern District of New York related to electronic books.
- Represented a film production company and professional fundraiser for nonprofit groups in ongoing FTC unfair trade practices litigation.
- Counseled a major generic pharmaceutical company in a private multiparty class action litigation and in an investigation by the FTC of an alleged “reverse payment” settlement.
- Represented four major petroleum refiners in the FTC’s investigation and enforcement action alleging that a competitor, by failing to disclose its patenting activity to regulators, improperly obtained power in the California market for reformulated gasoline.
- Member, Antitrust Section, American Bar Association.
- Member, Women in Electronic Discovery.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 2001
- J.D., The State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, 1999
- B.A., Binghamton University, State University of New York, 1995
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$