Stacy C. Kula is Counsel to the Firm in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Lexington and Louisville offices and has been with the firm since 2010. She is a member of the Business Services practice. While Stacy has a wide range of experience, she focuses her practice on corporate law, with an emphasis in liquor licensing, hospitality law, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), entity formation, real estate purchases and leases, non-profit issues, general contract law and equine law.
She works closely with the alcoholic beverage industry, representing, among others, national franchises, bars, night clubs, restaurants, caterers, grocery stores, big-box retailers, hotels, theaters, distillers, brewers, wholesalers, distributors and small farm wineries.
Stacy regularly applies for all types of alcoholic beverage licenses and can obtain any license necessary to operate an alcoholic beverage establishment, assuming the applicant meets the criteria for the chosen license. She also assists her clients in defending actions brought by governmental and regulatory agencies, including defending licensees against allegations of misconduct and alcohol violations.
She is a member of the National Association of Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Attorneys (NAABLA), National Association of Licensing Compliance Professional (NALCP) and the Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys (AHIA).
In addition, Stacy regularly advises physician practice groups and hospitals, farms and individual horse owners, and builders and developers in all aspects of their businesses, from the initial formation of their businesses through the life and dissolution of their businesses.
Stacy is a member of the Fayette County, Kentucky and North Carolina Bar Associations. She is a graduate of Focus Louisville and Leadership Lexington. She is a board member of Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys and Women Leading Kentucky.
She graduated with a B.S. from the University of Maryland in 1993 and a J.D. from North Carolina Central University in 1997. In addition, Stacy received her LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida in 1998.
- University of Florida 1998, LL.M. (Taxation)
- North Carolina Central University 1997, J.D., cum laude
- University of Maryland 1993, B.S.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Tax Court
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Attorneys (NAABLA)
- National Association of Licensing Compliance Professionals (NALCP)
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys (AHIA), board member and CLE planning committee
- 2012 Kentucky Governor’s Alcohol Beverage Control Task Force, volunteer
- Women Leading Kentucky, vice chair, 2014-present
- Leadership Lexington, 2004
Rate : $$$