Stacy K. Marcus is a partner in the Entertainment and Media Industry Group. Stacy advises clients on all facets of advertising and entertainment law, including, celebrity endorsement and talent agreements, SAG-AFTRA issues, digital and social media marketing, agency-client agreements, branded entertainment deals, media buying agreements, music licensing, app development, sweepstakes and promotions, corporate sponsorships, crowdfunding, and trademark and copyright-related issues.
Her clients include both global and regional advertisers, luxury retailers, media companies, and digital platforms. Stacy is also the chief negotiator for the Joint Policy Committee on Broadcast Talent Union Relations, the multi-employer bargaining unit for the advertising industry that negotiates the multi-billion dollar commercials collective bargaining agreements with SAG-AFTRA and the American Federation of Musicians.
Stacy is a member of the Social and Digital Media Task Force. She co-authored the Advertising & Marketing chapter of the Social Media White Paper entitled “A Legal Guide to the Commercial Risks and Rewards of the Social Media Phenomenon,” and was a co-editor for the entire piece.
Prior to joining Reed Smith, Stacy assisted in the defense of FTC, State Attorneys General and class action consumer protection actions involving deceptive trade practices, CAN-SPAM, state spam laws and federal telemarketing rules, such as the 900 Number Rule, TDDRA and the TCPA.
- St. John’s University School of Law, 2005, J.D.
- Boston University, 2001, B.A., International Relations and Economics, cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- New York
- Negotiated and prepared endorsement agreement between a popular television actor and a major home appliance company.
- Negotiated and drafted agreements for celebrity appearances at grand opening ceremony for the largest film studio and production company in China.
- Negotiated and drafted celebrity endorsement agreements on behalf of well-known global beauty and fragrance company with a 3-year cumulative value of more than $15 million.
- Represented the Joint Policy Committee on Broadcast Talent Union Relations on behalf of the advertising industry in its contract negotiations with SAG-AFTRA.
- Represented the Joint Policy Committee on Broadcast Talent Union Relations on behalf of the advertising industry in its contract negotiations with the American Federation of Musicians.
Rate : $$$