Mr. Stanislav Sirot is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Banking, Finance and Major Projects Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm in 2007, Mr. Sirot held positions in an investment research firm in Chicago and in consulting companies in Russia.
Mr. Sirot focuses on both domestic and international transactions and all types of energy and infrastructure projects, as well as related corporate structuring, development, financing and management.
He regularly works with developers, owners and lenders on all aspects of the power generation business, including advising on matters relating to the construction of new facilities and acquisitions of existing portfolios, from early development to closing.
He has also assisted with advice on, among others, LNG projects, mining projects, commodity trading transactions and infrastructure privatizations.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2014)
- Kazan State University (Ph.D. Economics) (2005)
- DePaul University (M.B.A.) (2004)
- Illinois~United States (2014)
- Russia (2001)
Professional Associations and Memberships : Chicago Bar Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised a Russian energy developer and a regional utility company on the procurement of gas turbines from a major turbines manufacturer and a related long-term services agreement.
- Assisted with advice to a solar energy developer on the structuring, development and construction of 200 MW in photovoltaic facilities as part of the first IPPs in South Africa.
- Assisted with advice to a sponsor on the acquisition and financing of 160MW natural gas-fired facilities in Long Island, New York.
- Assisted with advice to a sponsor on the acquisition and financing of a 240MW coal-fired facility in Virginia.
Rate : $$$