With many years experience as a commercial trial lawyer, Stanley G. Barr Jr. has participated in many other areas of litigation, including construction, local government, employer-employee, union management relations, and state and federal constitutional claims.
He has extensive experience in the federal courts and has argued numerous cases in the Virginia Supreme Court and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Butch received both his undergraduate and law degrees from the College of William and Mary.
Following law school he spent several years representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases and labor unions in the building and construction trades. Since then he has limited his practice primarily to commercial disputes, defense of negligence claims, and representing management in labor disputes.
He is a past Virginia Chair of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Fellow of the Virginia Law Foundation. He has been selected by his peers to be included in Best Lawyers in America and the Legal Elite in Virginia Business Magazine for Litigation.
- College of William & Mary; B.A., 1962
- College of William & Mary School of Law; J.D. (B.C.L.), 1966
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association; President, 2005
- City of Norfolk; Civil Service Commission, 1981-2004; Chairman, 1990-2004
- Virginia Opera Association; Director, Officer, General Counsel
- Norfolk Collegiate School; Trustee, Chairman, 1989-1993
Rate : $$$