Stanley Keller is a nationally recognized corporate and securities lawyer. During his many years of practice, Stan has advised clients ranging from emerging companies to industry leaders. While his practice has encompassed most areas of corporate and securities laws, Stan has focused on:
- public and private securities offerings and other corporate financings
- advising publicly traded companies on compliance with SEC rules, public disclosure requirements and best practices, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Dodd Frank Act and the JOBS Act, and other securities law and stock exchange requirements
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporate governance, including advising on best practices, addressing institutional/stockholder activism, and acting as special counsel to boards of directors and their committees
In addition to his client work, Stan has had an active role in the development of corporate and securities laws through leadership positions in the American Bar Association (ABA) and other professional organizations, and through his writings and frequent speaking engagements:
- Stan chaired the ABA’s Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities during the height of the Sarbanes-Oxley era, and in that capacity had responsibility for interacting on behalf of the private bar with the SEC, other governmental officials and the stock exchanges.
- Stan is Co-Chair of the Task Force that drafted the Massachusetts Business Corporation Law, and chaired the Boston Bar Association’s Business Law Section and Corporation Law Committee.
- Stan recently completed his term as chair of the ABA’s Legal Opinions Committee, having served before that as chair of the ABA’s Audit Responses Committee.
- Stan lectures widely for continuing legal education organizations, and has written and edited many articles and treatises on corporate and securities law matters, including recently serving as the Co-Chair of the Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) Annual Institute on Securities Regulation.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association, chair of Legal Opinions Committee, Committee on Audit Responses and Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities; Special advisor to the Task Force on Corporate Responsibility; Special advisor to the Task Force on Implementation of Section 307 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; Member of the Task Force on the Attorney-Client Privilege
- Member, Boston Bar Association, Co-Chair, Task Force on Revision of the Massachusetts Business Corporation Law
- Member, TriBar Opinion Committee
- From 2007 to 2010 Stan served as Independent Consultant and Monitor of the City of San Diego to oversee its compliance with its SEC enforcement order.
- Member of the ABA Task Force on Attorney-Client Privilege
- LL.B., magna cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1962
- B.A., Columbia University, 1959
Admissions : Massachusetts, 1962
Rate : $$$