Finance partner Stefanie Birkmann represents private equity firms, corporate borrowers, and other borrowers in complex financings. She is highly experienced in a wide variety of syndicated financings—with an emphasis on leveraged acquisition finance and recapitalizations—and advises her clients on senior and subordinated credit facilities, cash-flow and asset-based loans, first and second lien financings, mezzanine financings, bridge loans, high yield debt offerings and debt restructurings, including DIP and exit financings.
- LLM, Columbia University School of Law, 2002; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Second State Examination, Top 5%, University of Munich School of Law, 1997
- Doctor of Law, summa cum laude, University of Munich School of Law, 1996
- New York, 2003
- Frankfurt am Main (Germany), 1997
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : New York City Bar
- Represented New Mountain Capital in obtaining $335 million in first lien secured credit facilities for its acquisition of Beeline.
- Represented American Industrial Partners and its portfolio company Shape Technologies Group in obtaining $315 million in term loan and cash flow revolving facilities and a $60 million ABL facility to refinance existing debt.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in obtaining $198 million in first lien secured credit facilities for its acquisition of MAG DS Corp.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in obtaining $315 million in first lien credit facilities and a $80 million second lien term loan facility for its acquisition of Wastequip.
- Represented Equian, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, in obtaining $315 million in incremental term loans for the acquisition of OmniClaim.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in obtaining financing for its acquisition and merger of IMA Consulting and Revint Solutions and the subsequent acquisition of Naveos.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in obtaining $560 million in first lien facilities and $150 million in second lien term loans for its acquisition of Vantage Specialty Chemicals.
- Represented Surgery Partners Inc. in connection with $1.365 billion in secured credit facilities and the issuance of $335 million in senior unsecured notes for the acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare.
- Represented Gemspring Capital in obtaining financing for its acquisition of Therma Corporation.
- Represented Pacific Bells, Inc. and World Wide Wings, portfolio companies of Partners Group, in various financing and refinancing arrangements.
Rate : $$$