Stefanie Kavanagh is an associate in the Federal & International Tax Group. She focuses her practice on tax planning and structuring for domestic and international business entities as well as matters relating to real estate investment trusts.
Prior to joining Alston & Bird, Ms. Kavanagh was a financial institutions and products intern in the Office of Chief Counsel of the IRS while completing her LL.M. in taxation at the Georgetown University Law Center.
She received her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and her B.A. in economics and political science, summa cum laude, from Westminster College.
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University (LL.M. Taxation, 2015)
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 2014)
- Westminster College (B.A., 2011)
- Represented a public, non-traded real estate investment trust (REIT) in a merger with another public, non-traded REIT.
- Represented issuers and underwriters in hundreds of millions of dollars of offerings of REIT securities.
- Represented a worldwide leader in automotive safety in a cross-border reorganization and spin-off to separate its passive safety and electronics business segments.
Rate : $$$$