Stefano D’Aniello’s practice focuses on cross-border finance, development and investments across the Americas. His client base is as diverse as his cultural background, with clients ranging from international financial institutions and multilateral lenders, to real estate developers and project sponsors.
Stefano’s track record includes project finance transactions, acquisition financings, syndicated lending transactions, structured financings, debt restructurings, and bond offerings. Stefano also advises sponsors and investors (institutional and non-institutional) in the structuring of joint ventures and equity and debt investments.
Prior to joining the firm, Stefano worked in-house at a global financial institution in New York, where he was responsible for overseeing the debt capital markets, corporate lending, acquisition finance, and structured trade finance legal functions across its Latin American footprint.
Stefano’s practice capitalizes on his in-house experience, as he regularly advises clients regarding compliance matters.
In his free time, Stefano is an avid tennis player and sailor.
- Representation of real estate developer in the restructuring of the debt and equity financings of a mixed-use project in South Florida, with over 1 million of saleable square feet.
- Represented Banco de Sabadell, S.A. in the sale of its US subsidiary, Sabadell United Bank, to IBERIABANK Corporation in a transaction valued at $1.025 billion.
- Represented Promerica Financial Corporation in its acquisition of Citigroup’s consumer banking and credit card businesses in Guatemala, including the financing of such acquisition by a syndicate of lenders.
- Advise clients on the applicability of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) to their businesses, assess their anti-bribery programs, and develop new programs specific to their activities in Latin America.
- Represented one of the world’s leading providers of optical lenses and equipment in its acquisition of a majority interest in a distributor of optical products in Latin America.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2006
- BA, Florida International University, magna cum laude, 2002
- New York
- Member, Council of the Americas
- Member, World Services Group
- Member, Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
- Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Spain-US Chamber of Commerce, Florida and New York
- Member, Brazilian-US Chamber of Commerce, Florida and New York
- Member, Beacon Council
Rate : $$$