Stella D. Kim’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, including class actions, coordinated proceedings, and multi-jurisdictional litigation in numerous industries. In particular, she represents clients in the pharmaceutical and financial services sectors.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Stella taught science in the Houston public school system as a Teach for America corps member.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in nationwide product liability actions involving a diabetes drug, including federal MDL and California coordinated proceedings.
- Defending a pharmaceutical company in multi-state litigation against claims of consumer fraud, false advertisement, and unfair competition relating to its marketing of prescription pain medications.
- Representing a life insurance company in putative ERISA class action suits involving claims of excessive fees collected on separate account investment options.
- Defending a California-based bank against the U.S. Department of Labor’s claims that the bank charged excessive fees in servicing its employees’ 401(k) plan, in violation of ERISA.
- Representing a leading national bank in a putative nationwide class action challenging the collection of certain interest payments on FHA-insured mortgage loans.
- Harvard University, J.D.
- Wellesley College, B.A., History: with honors; Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$