Stephanie A. Ackerman focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation matters. As a member of the team serving as counsel to the Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, she has gained experience in all aspects of litigation and trial preparation.
A keen and pragmatic advocate, Stephanie dedicates herself to developing efficient and effective solutions for her clients based on a thorough understanding of the issues at hand.
- Successfully represented a client in resolving a dispute with the New Jersey Department of Taxation, including the cessation of lien proceedings and the development of a plan to resolve the underlying complaint.
- Member of the litigation team preparing all aspects of a case for trial before the United States Bankruptcy Court on behalf of the SIPA Trustee seeking the return of more than $200 million in fraudulent transfers.
- Appears regularly before the United States Bankruptcy Court on behalf of the Trustee in resolution of customer claims objections.
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- J.D., New York Law School, cum laude; New York Law School Law Review, Executive Editor
- B.A., History, Dickinson College
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York
Rate : $$$