Stephanie A. Bruce practices in the firm’s labor & employment department. She advises employers on a wide range of labor and employment issues, including employee discipline and discharge, discrimination and harassment, wage and hour law compliance, workforce reductions, disability leave and accommodations, restrictive covenants, employment agreements, separation agreements, and employee handbooks.
Stephanie focuses her practice on representing clients in corporate transactions, advising on labor and employment issues that are material to mergers, acquisitions and sales.
Stephanie also has extensive experience defending employers against numerous employment-related claims, including discrimination and retaliation actions, as well as claims under the FLSA, FMLA and ERISA.
She has successfully represented employers at every level, from pre-litigation settlement negotiations through trial and appeal, before state and federal courts as well as administrative agencies.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2003; articles editor, Harvard Negotiation Law Review
- BA (Psychology), summa cum laude, Brandeis University, 1998
- Massachusetts, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- Boston Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Women’s Bar Association
- Represented Golden Gate Capital as part of a deal team in the acquisition of Bob Evans Restaurants, the operator of family restaurants in 18 states, primarily in the Midwest, mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the United States.
- Represented NewQuest Capital Partners as part of a deal team in the acquisition of Integreon, Inc., a global legal, document, business and research outsourcing firm.
- Represented Bain Capital as part of a deal team in the strategic investment in Navicure, a provider of cloud-based claims management and patient payment solutions for physician practices and hospitals.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners as part of a deal team in the acquisition of Healthcare Staffing Services, a healthcare staffing firm.
- Represented EMCOR Group as part of a deal team in the acquisition of Ardent Services and Rabalais Constructors.
- Represented TPG as part of a deal team in the acquisition of a majority stake in Cirque du Soleil, the world-renowned live artistic entertainment producer.
Rate : $$$$