Stephanie Cobau is an associate in the firm’s Business Litigation section. She has experience in a range of complex litigation matters at both the state and the federal level. Stephanie has experience representing companies ranging in size from Fortune 500 corporations to startups, as well as governmental entities and individuals.
She has represented clients in the technology, entertainment, banking, retail, real estate and medical device sectors in litigation involving allegations of trademark infringement, dilution, copyright infringement (direct and secondary), misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, defamation and breach of contract.
She also co-authored an amicus curiae brief in a pro bono matter on behalf of under-represented neighborhoods in a case concerning public health and environmental safety.
Representative Matters :
- Defended five retailers against a claim for direct and indirect copyright infringement, arising from the sale of official Santana-brand merchandise. Favorably settled the litigation prior to the close of discovery.
- Defended a governmental entity in a federal suit involving claims for trademark infringement and federal unfair competition. Successfully settled the case following the briefing of motion for summary judgment.
- Defended a film producer in a federal suit involving copyright infringement, tortious interference and contract claims. Favorably settled the litigation prior to discovery.
- Defended a commercial real estate owner against causes of action for breach of contract, tortious interference and unfair business practices.
- Defended a homeowner’s association against a property owner’s allegations of violations of the Fair Housing Act. Favorably settled the litigation prior to the close of discovery.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- California Young Lawyers Association (Litigation Section)
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 2012
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$