Leveraging her extensive business and legal experience in commercial real estate, Stephanie L. DeLong concentrates her practice on the acquisition, finance, development, and securitization of commercial property. She has handled hundreds of loan agreements, and project financings.
She also has experience advising clients on construction loans, land acquisitions, development agreements, mezzanine loans, mergers, and securing government grants and incentives for corporate relocations.
Stephanie has represented mortgage lenders and Fannie Mae on transactions involving structured credit facilities and mortgage-backed securities. She has advised lenders, developers, and purchasers in connection with project dispositions and in all areas of finance.
Serving as counsel on the financing of pools of loans secured by multifamily properties located throughout the country, Stephanie has handled loans involving many types of properties, including senior housing, military properties, student housing, and manufactured housing.
Before joining the firm, Stephanie worked for a Washington, DC developer, where she worked on the acquisition, development, and financing of commercial projects.
Stephanie is a member of the Venable Board and the Diversity Committee. She also chairs Women Attorneys at Venable (WAVe), the firm’s affinity group for women attorneys.
- Completed swaps of more than $12 billion in Fannie Mae securities
- Completed financing of more than $42 billion in negotiated credit facilities, including two of Fannie Mae’s largest-ever structured transactions
- Represents Fannie Mae in connection with the change of ownership of Delegated Underwriting and Servicing (DUS) lenders
- Represented the developer of the Washington, DC Securities and Exchange Commission headquarters in the negotiation of easements involving air rights, and local and federal government agencies
- Counseled a mid-Atlantic hospital on significant ground lease and development issues
- J.D. cum laude George Washington University Law School 1999
- B.A. with distinction University of California at Santa Barbara 1993
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, California
Professional Memberships :
- Member, District of Columbia Bar, Real Estate Housing and Land Use Section
- Member, State Bar of California, Real Property Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Member, Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- Presents on issues related to the advancement of women in the industry
Community : Member, board of directors; former mentor, Mentors, Inc.
Rate : $$$$