Stephanie C. Evans advises domestic and international clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and financings.
She regularly advises boards and special committees in connection with transactions and provides advice on governance and commercial transactions. Her clients include private and public companies in a variety of industries, including financial services, defense and technology.
She is active with emerging growth companies throughout their development cycle. She was previously Vice Chair of the Corporate Practice Group. Ms. Evans also worked as an associate in the Global Investment Banking Group of Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown.
Ms. Evans has been a guest speaker at universities and technology organizations on issues affecting startups and entrepreneurs, such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and financing options.
Ms. Evans has served as a legal mentor to women entrepreneurs as part of nonprofit accelerator Circular Board’s office hours program. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the STEM for Her Foundation.
Ms. Evans is a member of the American Bar Association and the DC Bar Association. Ms. Evans is also a member of the WilmerHale Asian Pacific American Affinity Group and the WilmerHale Diversity Committee. In addition, she is active with the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
- The sale by Signature Family Wealth Advisors, a Virginia-based investment adviser, to Brown Advisory Group Holdings
- The acquisition of TMC Bonds, a premier fixed income marketplace, by Intercontinental Exchange, an operator of global exchanges and clearing houses
- The acquisition by TMX Group of Trayport, a leading provider of pre-trade energy solutions for traders, brokers and exchanges from Intercontinental Exchange
- The sale of FastMatch, a leading electronic communication network in the spot foreign exchange market, to Euronext
- The investment by Route 66 Ventures in MotionSoft, a gym management software and billing solutions provider
- The investment by TransUnion in Drivers History, a leading provider of traffic violations and criminal court data for insurance risk management
- The acquisition by Booz Allen Hamilton of the software services unit of the Charleston, SC technology firm SPARC
- The acquisition of the Defense Systems Engineering & Support division of ARINC by Booz Allen Hamilton
- The representation of Kindur, a financial technology company that provides retirement planning and investment services, in its $9 million Series A funding.
- The sale by Educational Testing Service of learning, assessment and professional development programs to Northwest Evaluation Association.
- JD, George Washington University Law School, 1996
- BBA, Baylor University, 1993
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$