Stephanie J. Langan’s practice focuses on general corporate and securities law matters, including public and private issuances of equity and debt securities, SEC disclosure, reporting and compliance, and M&A. Stephanie advises clients in connection with capital markets and M&A transactions as well as corporate governance compliance matters.
She has represented issuers, underwriters, placement agents and purchasers in various offerings in the capital markets, including issuances of secured and unsecured debt, tax-exempt bonds, common stock, preferred stock and convertible debt. She has experience advising clients on stock and asset purchases and sales.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented underwriters in offerings of $4.3 billion of fixed rate notes and $2.46 billion of common stock and depositary shares by Great Plains Energy Inc. in connection with its planned acquisition of Westar Energy, Inc.
- Represented underwriters and initial purchasers in several offerings of senior notes and first mortgage bonds by CMS Energy Corporation and its subsidiary Consumers Energy Company.
- Represented PPL Corporation’s subsidiaries, PPL Electric Utilities Corporation, Louisville Gas & Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company, in several offerings of first mortgage bonds, as well as several offerings and remarketings of tax-exempt bonds.
- Represented underwriters and initial purchasers on public and private offerings of debt, equity and hybrid securities by various other energy companies, including Spire Inc. and NV Energy, Inc. and their utility affiliates.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 2014
- B.A., New York University, 2009
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$