Stephanie Lindemuth is Counsel in the firm’s litigation practice. Ms. Lindemuth has experience in a variety of legal areas, including commercial litigation, contractual matters, securities litigation and regulatory matters, bankruptcy litigation and class actions. She also serves as local and litigation counsel in several state and federal lawsuits pending in New Jersey.Ms. Lindemuth joined Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP in 2015. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Gal was a litigation associate at a prominent New York law firm for approximately two years.
She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Martin Glenn of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.Ms. Lindemuth received her J.D. magna cum laude from Brooklyn Law School, where she was an associate managing editor of the Brooklyn Law Review. She received her B.A. in government and psychology cum laude from Georgetown University.
- Ms. Lindemuth’s recent representations include:
- representing employers and employers’ associations in various District of New Jersey litigations under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 involving withdrawal liability and pension fund contribution issues.
- representing an investment advisor and its principal in a securities class action alleging fraud and breach of fiduciary duty; obtained affirmance of dismissal of the action in its entirety on appeal. IBEW Local 595 Pension v. ADT Corp., No. 15-13595, 2016 U.S. App. LEXIS 16454 (11th Cir. Sept. 7, 2016)
- representing debtors in trial, ultimately resulting in confirmation of the debtors’ plan of liquidation. In re Hercules Offshore, Inc., 2016 WL 8581685 (Bankr. D. Del. Nov. 1, 2016)
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, magna cum laude, 2012
- B.A., Georgetown University, cum laude, 2009
- U.S.B.C., Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
Rate : $$$